Explore a small MetroidVania city scape about 1/12th the size of the first Metroid. Seven types of enemies and a giant boss stand in your way. You pick up a selection of 15 random weapons to kill your way up to the boss. AlienVania hits that GameBoy style, resolution, color scheme and even original music with six selectable color pallets including the Virtual Boy.
September 30, 2016
WHERE TO FIND RUN GUN KEY FUN
– MetroidVania map spanning a grid of 19 x 4
– Exploration, secrets, destructible blocks
– 15 guns
– Mega Man – ish play style with bigger guns
– 160 x 144 resolution (is that a feature?)
– 4 colors on screen at once! (your choice of 6 pallets)
– 7 types of enemies & 1 boss fight
– An ending! (our usual work is endless arcade)
Made for the GameBoy 5 jam in 10 days. We had quite a procedural level system going, but with 48 hours to go, we shifted gears and hand made something that would be more enjoyable in the time allowed.
A Game by:
With Pixel Art from:
Together they are:
And Music Composed by: