I finally decided to release the original version of Foxland from June over on itch.io. Since it is the original it uses the original art, along with only nine levels and a few less frills than has been added to the game in the past four months. I never wanted to release this version as it only took 8 days to make, but its given me some valuable feedback that encourages me to make it more of a traditional platformer.
DOWNLOAD IT AT:
Here is a quick rundown:
Foxland consists of nine beautiful levels. A lot of levels allow for easy, free spirited running, while others force you to tackle switch puzzles. Short levels and more complex levels.
– Almost 30 minutes of platforming
– Super stomp (to use enemies as springboards or drive through large crates)
– Mixture of levels from complex to straight forward combat focused
– Puzzle levers (pull a lever to make bridges, blocks or turn bridges and blocks hollow) – 10 enemy types, basic, but effective
– Secret walls
– 4 Levels of difficulty (infinite to a single life)
– 3 Save slots
– Stage select with fastest times for speed running
– Collecting 100 gems will give you a cherry (more health and the ability to stomp)
Over on itch.io it was the second most popular game this week or maybe second most popular “new game” would be better. So far Foxland managed one hundred downloads each day for three days, which makes Foxland by far my most popular game on itch.io.
SCREENSHOTS AND ANIMATIONS
A game by: Sitebender
Pixel art from: Luis Zuno
Music composed by: Yal